Friday, June 22, 2018

Slow Down

     So for those who don't know, the sloth is my spirit animal, if there is such a thing? Don't think I seriously believe in spirit animals, I believe as a LCMS Lutheran, I believe that although I am a sinner, that Jesus died for my sins, and have a firm belief in the Trinity...
     But if there were spirit animals, the sloth would be mine. Slow, relaxed, in thought process and decision making, as I aim to be...Not to say that I don't make rash decisions at times, am impulsive, two of my many sins, at times. But then again, if we're all being honest with ourselves, aren't we all.
      It also occurred to me that more often than not, I am rushing to get places, driving from point A to point B, and often hitting every red light, as if they were out to get me. Knowing full well, that if I refer back to my beliefs, I will know it is God's way of telling me to slow down,  the world will not end, even if I am in fact, a few minutes late...(Not a hour and 20 minutes late, like some at work, just a few.)Even though it stresses my anxious and depressed mind out to no end, that it will not be the death of me. Take the time to get there, or end up doing something I shouldn't have and winding up in an accident,or worse, really have it be the death of me...
      How often do we rush around this world, without slowing down to stop and take it all in? Say "Thank you" or "I love you" to those we work with, that are around us, or care about? That's just it, I'm only human, and I seem to err all the dang time...I'm not saying a constant stream of loving messages should be spewed, but every once in a while couldn't hurt.

Social Media-

Youtube: linzr89

FB: https://www.facebook.com/lindsayslifewithcp/

Twitter: @LindsMRoach

Instagram: @lindsayroach

No comments:

Post a Comment