Tuesday, November 17, 2015

What I've Found

     What I've found, some people don't like confrontation. I, am not one of those people.That's not to say I love confrontation, I just most certainly am not afraid of saying what's on my mind. There was too long a time where I was afraid to do anything about it. Whatever "it" happened to be at the time. Nowadays however, if asked what is the problem I will tell them flat out, you isolate, or so on and so forth.

     It's come to my attention that this is what relieves my tension and anxiety that builds up in my life. I do assert myself using the proper avenues that should be taken. That's not to say that I don't let stuff build up, because I do. I have been known in the past to let the tension build until I can't take it anymore, then go off on someone that pushes me just a little bit too far. This is termed my going "Hulk mad". No I do not suddenly become some ripped, green version of myself...Instead I begin yelling everything (and I mean everything) that I have against that person. Loud and clear, enunciating every last syllable until it turns into enunciated gibberish, at that point I come back from my blue streak, as it were...

     This time;however, I did not become "Hulk mad"-per my usual, but maintained a timid demeanor...I was afraid of something happening to the other person, I also wanted to be viewed as  a more mature 26 year old, not  a child who had her male classmates mistakenly called racist, when really the person actually was defining sexism, but viewed that as a bad word. Naturally I had to correct the misuse of the phrase. Or that of a 21 year old working two jobs who was mistakenly forced to stay late, when I had to get up and open the next morning at the other job...Naturally I couldn't help informing them that I worked two jobs, and was not just wanting to party on a Friday night...When really, who out there thinks I would do such a thing, that knows me...

     I guess it's progress. Was the problem solved by my being timid? Since that person is getting moved to a different shift. I guess it was more effective than my blowing up at a fellow human being, yet again. My point is no one should be afraid to say what they think. I certainly will not nor have I shied away from doing so.... If something's not right, speak up! That's what I've found...

No comments:

Post a Comment