Saturday, October 17, 2015

You Don't Have To Like This.

I've seen a lot of friends and family post stuff on Facebook about being pro-life, so I thought I'd explain my reasons for being pro-choice...

First and foremost, NO ONE should have control over another body. So really, this should not even be a political issue. Abortion is only allowed to be safely completed up until a certain point in the pregnancy as is...As such, I believe vasectomies should be mandatory at a certain age, so that men, have just as much control over their own bodies as women do. No, it's not the same thing, but really-there's nothing that is equivalent.

The point I'm trying to make with this suggestion, while partially a joke is this, women are already having our bodies controlled for our own safety, if you're a man reading this, I'd be careful as things become equal, if I were you, put yourself in a woman's shoes-know there are options out there for you-to a certain extent, how long in your life do you really want to be paying child support? Tuition? In to your retirement, men? I make this suggestion for your own safety...How old is to old to be having kids? There are many male celebrities, political figures, however they define themselves, that I believe to be too old. Sure there will be money to see these children through their roughest days, but will their parents be there too? Could having these children so late in life be termed some form of reckless abandonment?To think you may not see them grow into adults with families of their own...

I will say this, I am very glad to have never been in the position to have to choose...But if I ever am, I hope I still have that choice to make...

More than anything about my pro-choice stance is this-abortion SHOULD be between each individual woman, her doctors, and whatever each individual woman believes. Knowing that what I believe as a Lutheran woman, there is only one fit to judge for what we do, and that one is not me. Also knowing we are ALL sinners, and we sin in different ways,  I cannot judge anyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment