Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I'm Going To Do This

     Yes, I, am going to write about relationships, kinda, again...

     So there's this one guy, I shall dub "Octav", now Octav has been coming in the bakery solid for like a year now, at least semi-regularly, sometimes during the week, but I don't work week days anymore, Saturdays are all I care about.

      This guy comes in the Bakery and usually gets out a "Hi, how are you?" before I can fully grasp that I need to respond, I'm really socially awkward, in my opinion, so I just respond "Hi, good, how are you? He then tells me exactly what he wants, I get it for him, money is exchanged in the proper amounts, and then he says "Thank you, have a good day!" without being prompted, to which I reply " Thanks, you too!" To which he says "Thanks" then leaves the store till the  next weekend...

     What bothers me is that I don't even know this guy's actual name! I never ask! Frankly, I'm not sure how to ask, without sounding creepy and drooling out the side of my mouth, and if I do say so myself, he's not bad looking, at all. But that's just it, I don't know, I don't know who all he's buying donuts for, himself, girlfriend, wife, friends, hey who knows, maybe he's buying for his boyfriend?

     All I know is that I legitimately like this guy as a customer, and I want to know more, without screwing up "the balance" of the bakery. And I would watch a bunch of YouTube videos from professional advice givers, but I seriously doubt they have a video on how to ask your favorite customer's name, that you just so happen to find attractive, and doesn't seem to stare at my right hand.

Maybe this guy's just being nice, maybe he's already taken, maybe I'm his favorite counter help at the bakery, but who knows? Not me, that's why I MUST find out, but how, any similar situations? Message me on my FB page, twitter, what have you, I need help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment