Monday, January 4, 2016

Bad Reputation?

     Sorry for forgetting indents last time! Got in a rush, and oops!

     But I got thinking back to this one time in high school, in the choir room...This one girl we shall call "Derwood", you shall see why in a minute, I started talking to. I was being nice,polite, and friendly, as I knew I had mutual friends with this girl;However, I was shocked at her response to my friendliness. Without taking the time to know me at all, Derwood started to say all these bad things about me. That I was mean, fake, and above all else, that I was a terrible friend, to one of our mutual friends we shall call "Kay". Without saying what made me a terrible friend...

     This got me thinking, had we had any fights? No. Did I ignore any phone calls? I didn't get any. I held normal high school self involved conversations with Kay, where we were both guilty of self involvement. To this day, I still plan get togethers with Kay involved, we'll go see a movie and then out to eat...She, meaning Kay, still invites me to her birthday gatherings, which Derwood is not invited to,hmmm? I've messaged Kay on Facebook, when she posts a concerning status update, found out what's wrong...

     If I'm really that terrible a friend to Kay, where's Derwood then? Oh right, busy with a family, last I checked, ignoring Kay...Who's really the bad friend? Maybe Kay was secretly mad at me for something...I don't know what that could have been, and our friendship has certainly moved past...Whatever it was...Derwood though, can't fix her chip on her shoulder. She wants fake, I know where to find it, I guarantee though, it's not me. I'm 'bout as real as they come, always have been, always will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment