Saturday, April 29, 2017

Classy

     I don't know about you, but I love going out to breakfast every once in a while, by myself, I find it positively to be great people watching. Today though, it began to occur to me, how much of what people talk about, is actually kept classy. I usually don't mean to eavesdrop, but today, I was sitting at a booth when three meatheads we shall dub " 1,2, &3" start making a ruckus. (They seriously don't deserve a pseudonym-here's why)  1 starts talking about a circa 2003 show called "The OC " to his friends, and tells them it's like a modern day soap opera (apparently "Days of Our Lives, Young and the Restless" are set in  1912 now-oh wait, that's "Downton Abbey"-meatheads...) and that it's so funny and filled with drama, and then he says to the other two "and I'm just like bang her", repeatedly for about two minutes, until2&3 laugh out of nervousness that he's being overheard *hmm? Gee, IDK*

     Let's talk about what's wrong with that phrase "bang her"...For one it's violent, encourages brutality towards women. I would say objectifies women, but one could argue that he used "her"? I think to myself, how old are you? Can you not say sex? In the off chance that as you also said "getting some", are you old enough that saying "sex" is still a "no-no"? If you don't know that soap operas are for the most part modern day settings, even if created before you were born, what women are actually having sex with you? Are you trying to make yourself appear to be heterosexual(fine whatevs you are) by saying things like "bang her" and "getting some".

     I may be fat and unattractive to you, but can you even spell "unattractive"? As such I didn't, explain that I overheard all their ruckus, and I know calling them 1,2, and 3 is in fact objectifying them, so whatevs, everybody's a hypocrite, but my objectifying was because they are so low in my opinion, they earn no pseudonym-you understand, right?

Classy...

No comments:

Post a Comment