Sunday, April 30, 2017

Awkward Turtle...

     Hello again all! So, the blog, at the time of writing this is at over 5,566 views. Thanks to all my family,friends, and followers for viewing. Now to another story...

     If you read some of my earliest posts, you'd know about one of my regulars at the bakery, I shall dub "turtle guy" for obvious reasons, the guy nowadays orders turtle lattes. Well, knowing that he has tried to give me a back handed compliment in the past...See http://lindsayslifewithcp.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-reason-i-wrote-this-blog.html I try to avoid, when possible.

     Yesterday though, I has gotten there maybe an hour before turtle guy came in, was seeing what else we could condense around the front of the counter, as one of our newest-really good people I have no nickname for yet, so I shall dub thee the sat. afternoon, "Coffee Queen"-seriously, she's good, had already waited on him, and thankfully making the turtle for him, and given it to him. As he was exiting the building, finally, I might add, he-turtle guy, comes up over my left shoulder, and quietly says, "You know, this turtle is good, but it's still not as good as when you make it, or you're telling someone how to make it*walks off out the building, chuckling as he went*" I, look over behind the counter, frozen, glancing from 17 year-old Wonder to Coffee Queen, all three of us with the same "What Just Happened?" look.

     What I wanted to explain to that freakishly awkward turtle guy was that he was again being slightly insulting to my training methods, as guess who was walking the Coffee Queen through some of her earliest drinks? That's right, me! Frankly I see no reason to hover over anymore, she's got it. Secondly, Coffee Queen is one of my Co-worker-y friends, that statement made me mad, besides being extremely uncomfortable, and there's no point in explaining it to him, as it would've gone right over his head. That and all I could do was say "thanks..." and freeze-cuz it's just not worth it, ya know?

     Instead I waited till he left, and the door shut, rushed around the counter, and told them what he had said, because that's what I do, when I'm freakishly creeped out by some disability enthusiast...


No comments:

Post a Comment