Monday, December 14, 2015

You're So Quiet!!!

My favorite response to me having not said anything in a while...

Why? Because that really makes me want to talk to you. Not. If this is said to me, it's usually because the person saying it has been talking nonstop, about whatever mindless drivel they want. It usually has nothing to do with my interests, or is an old story from high school or the like, that has nothing to do with me. So do I impolitely chime in? It's me, so no, of course not.

I simply wait for the "Lindsay, you're so quiet!!! Say something!"
To respond with "Do you know they preformed brain surgery on a goldfish?"

 It's a conversation starter, alright!To which gets me out of nonsensical drivel, for about another 15-20 minutes...As long as no one is eating.

I usually talk if I feel I have something important to say. If I don't, I usually just stick to listening, until I have something more to contribute.

Now granted I did post something about people being quiet on my high school Facebook group page, but you see the last three posts, have been from me. One of the quietest people of the class. It's kind of scary. So when I say it. You know people are just being silent. Does it promote discussion. No, not really. But I had to say something, it was creeping me out.

As is the case with the people saying it to me? Possibly, either that or they're too afraid to admit they talk too much. There, I typed it. Silence really can be golden... I probably type too much, but frankly, it's how I get my frustration, worries, or concerns out. So if you don't like it, don't look.

Moral of the story here kids is, if you're calling someone else quiet, maybe look to yourself to shut it, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment