Thursday, May 7, 2015

I'm doing good.

So, for those who do not know me personally, I work at a bakery. Have for a combined 7 years and counting...One day however, a customer came in that was in a hurry. She asked what was wrong with my hand, as I was folding a box.
I said, "nothing".
She asked "No, your right hand, is it broken? You're not using it?"
I replied "Oh, I have cerebral palsy on my right side..."
She replied "Oh than you're doing good for someone with your condition."


What's wrong with that situation? Can you tell? It's not that I'm doing good for someone with CP, it's that I'm doing good, period. That customer came in a hurry, for reasons completely unrelated to me, yet I was at fault....Then because I have CP, things were magically okay? That's not right, and the doing good for someone with my condition, not really a compliment, but rather, an insult.
Please think about what you're saying, it could just ruin someone's day...

No comments:

Post a Comment