Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Kindness of Strangers

Throughout my life, there is one thing I have always gladly accepted. That is the kindness of strangers.These people are not friends, are not family, yet they choose to do the right thing and help a fellow human being. I guess that could be said of so many people, and if I only knew their names, but then they would not be strangers, I suppose.

How have they helped me? In so many ways. After I'd fallen on an ice patch, to help me up. After I had twisted my ankle while tripping, making sure I was okay. Trying to get my bag out of the overhead compartment on the plane ride home. Lending a hand on the stairs. Offering to carry something for me. More help on the stairs.

It's these people that totally make my day. They don't ask what's wrong, they just simply do what is right. It's without these people that I would not be able to get by. I would not have the independence that I have. I would then have to depend on my friends and family for help everywhere I went. That would eventually lead to a strain on those relationships. I can only hope that I in turn do my part whenever possible to help.

As always, let me know what to write about! And don't forget to follow me on twitter at @LindsMRoach !

No comments:

Post a Comment